The following persons, institutions or groups who apply for registration of the Society and have fulfilled the membership conditions in accordance with SACCO By-laws shall be eligible for membership:-
a) Past and present employees of:-
- Egerton University.
- University linked institutions registered in Kenya.
- Egerton University Workers Housing Co-operative Society Limited.
- Ministry of Education and tertiary Government institutions under the Ministry of Education.
- Government and Parastatals.
- Egerton University Investment Co-operative Society or Company Limited.
b) Past members who have been retired but provided that they comply with SACCO By-laws
c) Approved Business entrepreneurs and institutions,
d) Original members who signed the application for registration provided that they comply with SACCO By-laws
e) All persons, institutions and groups who thereafter apply for membership, and fulfill conditions of SACCO By-laws. The rights of members of the society shall be determined and exercised in accordance with the applicable law, the By-laws of the society and valid resolutions of the Board of Directors.
f) Any employee of this society and any member of the immediate family of any other eligible person may become a member of this society in the manner provided in the SACCO By-laws.
g) Any other person who can contribute and benefit from the services offered by the society and whose application has been approved by the Board or it’s designate.