Egerton University SACCO is to be the preferred financial Services provider nationally and internationally.
To consistently provide innovative affordable quality SACCO Financial products and services that meet members’ expectations.
The values of Egerton University SACCO are: Honesty, Respect, Self-reliance, professionalism, Accountability, Transparency and integrity, Commitment and Credibility, Responsiveness and efficiency, Teamwork, Equity and Social Responsibility.
Welcome to Egerton University SACCO Society Limited.
Egerton University Savings and Credit Society was formed and registered 0n 10th March, 1975 under the Co-operative Act cap 490 Registration No. Cs/2314.
Egerton Sacco was First licensed on 15/06/2012 by SASRA (Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority) under the new Legal Framework of the SACCO Societies Act 2008 to operate Deposit taking business in Kenya. We have renewed our license to operate business for the year 2016.
The new law applies only to SACCOs that provide banking services, (FOSA) or those that wish to offer these services in the future. These are SACCOs which accept deposits from members on a day-to-day basis. According to this law.
Egerton Sacco has achieved steady growth over the years. Since its inception, Egerton University SACCO has experienced growth in its membership, share capital, members deposits and advances. The society’s membership stands at over 5,000 with accumulated Shares and Deposits in excess of Kshs. 1.5 Billion and our current loan portfolio stands at over Kshs. 1.6 Billion. Our gross turnover as at 31st December, 2015 was in excess of Kshs. 280 million.
- Total Asset Base- over 2.4 Billion
- Highest saver- Over 5 Million
- Highest individual loaned- 6 Million
- Highest group loaned- 12 Million
The SACCO draws its membership from diverse institutions namely Egerton, Kisii, Laikipia, Kabarak, Masinde Muliro, Chuka, Kabianga, Karatina,Pwani, Maseno and Mount Kenya Universities, RVIST, Nakuru County Government, Primary and Secondary schools and members of the community.
MANAGEMENT AND GOVERNANCE:
The SACCO affairs are governed by the Co-operatives Societies Act, the SACCO Act, its by-laws, policies and procedures. The Board of Directors are responsible for policy decisions while the Supervisory Board ensures provisions of the governing Acts, Society by-laws, policies and procedures are adhered to. The board of directors has in place 4 (Four) major sub-committees namely:-
- The Finance & Investment Committee: Which works closely with the Chief Executive Officer to offer policy direction in the day to day affairs of the society;
- The HR & Administration Committee: which is responsible for governing and directing HR & Administration function of the society;
- The Business, Strategy & Technology: Which is responsible for ensuring that all members are kept up to date on relevant issues, products and services, and educated on their roles within the Society;
- The Audit & Risk Management Committee:Review the financial position of the Sacco, the adequacy and effectiveness of its risk management and internal control systems.
The board of directors has appointed a Chief Executive Officer who is responsible for the day to day running of the Society. To operationalise its functions the Society has established several departments which include; the Administration department, Finance department, Credit department, Marketing department, ICT department and Internal Audit department.